Advice about EU funding and other financing alternatives
Business Region Göteborg offers advice about EU funding, as well as financing for social enterprises, which may be able to apply for special business support.
We also work in close concert with several other organisations that offer different types of financing support. Contact us to learn more about the help you can get and we'll point you in the right direction.
If you're curious about what types of financial assistance can be obtained in terms of EU funding and EU programmes, or how to apply to the EU for such funds, please contact us. Via Enterprise Europe Network, and at no cost to you, we can help you with information and advice about matters concerning EU funding.
Read more about Enterprise Europe Network >>
Other financing opportunities for companies that want to trade internationally
• Exportkreditnämnden (Swedish Export Credits Guarantee Board), EKN, offers credit facilities and guarantees for international business deals.
• AB Svensk Exportkredit (Swedish Export Credit Corporation) provides medium and long-term export credit facilities.
• Almi offers export loans to companies that want to enter an international market.
• Swedfund provides state-funded financial aid and investments in growth markets and developing countries.
• Tillväxtverket (Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth) offers business development vouchers for services in internationalisation, for which companies can apply.
• Nopef can offer those who are considering establishment in a country outside the EU and EFTA part-financing of preliminary studies. Nopef provides conditional loans that can be converted into grants once the preliminary study has been completed.
• FinansKompetensCentrum (Centre of Finance Excellence) has compiled a web page of links to venture capital funds and angel investors.
You can also visit verksamt.se for information about different organisations offering various kinds of business loans and export financing.
Financing for social enterprising
Social entrepreneurs and social enterprises are important to the Gothenburg region and we want these operations to enjoy the conditions necessary to become commercially sustainable and profitable companies, so that they can continue to do business. In order to be able to focus on the aim of changing and improving while growing and developing, those who run or plan to run a social enterprise may need help with business development initiatives and financing support. Read more about social enterprising and funding for social enterprises in Gothenburg here or contact Ali Tabrizi to learn more.
Who can offer financing for companies?
Different types of pronouncements are made, consulting vouchers are offered and you can apply for other kinds of financial support. Such opportunities appear regularly and it can be a good idea to keep track of them so as not to miss any that match your company.
The website verksamt.se features links to different financing opportunities for those in need of capital, such as to develop a company, a business concept or an innovation. Region Västra Götaland has also gathered different types of financing support for you to read about on its website.
Below we've listed a few more important actors that can offer different types of financing support:
Strengthen companies' competitiveness
Tillväxtverket (Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth) >>
Almi Invest >>
Financing of research and innovation projects
If you have any questions about Enterprise Europe Network, please contact contact Linda Emilsson, Maria Lundin or Anna Larsson.
For inquiries about social entrepreneurship, please contact Ali Tabrizi or Maria Lindström.